Do you feel your not concentrating in any area because you’re often stressing about the other areas… eg feeling you should be working when you’ve taken time off to be with the kids, feeling guilty you’re not with your kids or partner when you’re at work ?! Rushing from one thing to the next with no breathing space, no leeway if something goes wrong eg not filling the car with petrol or not preparing for that presentation or having to cancel tickets to that show because you doubled booked yourself again!
The good news is it’s is possible to change. But it’s not a case of you having bad organisational skills or lacking in something , it’s a bit deeper than that.
But Why does it matter? It kind of works ok right? Well think about if you don’t change. Think for a moment about being 70, 80 years old, in an armchair, thinking back on your life. Did you do the things you wanted to? Or did you miss out on a lot because your mind wasn’t really there.. it was thinking about the huge list of stuff you need to do.. write that report, go to the meeting, buy the new School uniform, do the shopping, catch up with that old friend. It matters because if you don’t address it you just get more stressed , unhealthy, possibly end up making more mistakes and being more disorganised and time poor. Have you noticed that happening? You won’t be the best version of yourself and this not only affects you, your decisions, your actions but the people around you. If you’re not in a good state of mind and body how can you achieve results, help others and be a loving person to be around?
So Here’s how:
- Recognise your beliefs , some personal examples…’I have to do everything, I am the only one who can, if I say no to work it will close a door , it needs to be done now, it should be possible as other women do it. I have to always be there for every school play, sports day etc, I’m a bad mother if I don’t do xyz and abc! It means I’m uncommitted in my job if I work part-time. My needs don’t matter, you’ll do something for yourself later.. I should just stop moaning and be grateful for all the stuff I have! Dreams are not meant to be fulfilled… ‘ etc. What beliefs do you have?
- Create new beliefs , inc affirmations eg – I am successfully achieving what I set out to do. I am fully present in my relationships. I take time to nurture myself. I value myself enough to release old relationships that are draining me. I spend my time doing activities that are important and significant to me.
- Be mindful. Spend some time being present, noticing colours, shapes, nature, really listening and engaging in the current activity whatever that may be and especially who it may be.. put your phone away next time you meet that person for coffee.
- Set goals – what do you REALLY want to be doing – what’s really important to you ? How clean & tidy does your house need to be? Is that your goal or someone else’s … Mrs Stepford for example ?! What career goals do you have. What goals do you have on your bucket list.
- Get someone on board to help you, friend, partner, coach, someone who you can trust, who understands where you’re coming from and can help you identify your successes and times you may need to make adjustments in your thinking.
I hope you found this useful. For more tips & motivations you can follow my page or you can have a Free no obligation call with me that will help you personally to get started on making these changes.